Friday, April 17, 2009

Throw on Your Coat

Throw on your coat
this cold winter-like eve.
Meet me at the corner cafe
the one that's open late,
so no rush to leave.

We'll share hot chocolate,
biscotti,
and laughs.

Look at you
sitting there
radiant smile as you
toss your hair.

Giddy and expectant,
cautious and aloof.
There is chemistry,
but you want more proof.

Put your hand inside mine
And I’ll warm you with my eyes.
Should know by now
I'm unlike the other guys.

We could stay here
in this trance,
or split the bill
and go our separate ways.
Or we could brave the cold
and our fears,
and awake with morning rays.

Where I'm staying
is not too far,
there's a fireplace
just off the bar.
It's not too crowded
and the music's just right
for a late evening rendezvous
like tonight.

Throw on your coat
we'll be bold.
Race down city streets
brisk and cold.
Your cheeks bloom rosy,
you stop and stare.
You hesitate,
do you dare?

"Let's skip the bar
and fireplace;
there's enough heat here,"
you touch your face.

"Take me to your suite instead."
Throw off your coat
and other clothes.
We become entangled
across the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment