Thursday, April 23, 2009

Can I Keep You Warm

Can I keep you warm
on a cold, cold night?
Can these arms turn away
the awful fright?

Do you miss me
like I miss you?
Are you caught up
and confused?

Do you let your mind
wonder about us?
Do you think it's strange
there's so much we don't discuss?

Can you feel my hand
brush up against yours?
Do you think we'll ever
unlock those doors?

Do you catch yourself
through the day
dreaming of me
and the words you'd say?

Do you live your life
as though I'm not there?
Or do you learn new things
with hopes to share?

Do you like my songs
and hear me sing?
Is it all forgot?
Can we do anything?

Have you found that man
you've been searching for?
The one who brings you joy.
The one I abhor?

When you touch his face
and feel his kiss
do you ever think of me
and times that we missed?

Do you blame me now
for how you feel?
You thought you were dreaming
but your dreams are real.

Will you dance with me?
will you hold me tight?
Even if I'm not there
on a cold, cold night.

No comments:

Post a Comment