Friday, April 17, 2009

Head and Heart

“What’s that noise,” Heart asks.
“Oh, that’s me,” Head says.
“Well, quiet down,” Heart says.
“I can’t,” Head says.
“Hmm,” Heart says.

“What’s that ache,” Head asks.
“Oh, that’s me, Heart says.
“Well, cut it out,” Head says.
“I can’t,” Heart says.

Head ponders for a moment.

“Well, that’s stupid,” says Head.
“May be,” says Heart.
“You frustrate me,” says Head.
“I know the feeling,” says Heart.

Head goes quiet.

Heart begins again.
“I create and you destroy,” says Heart.
“Not true,” Head shouts.
“’tis true,” Heart replies.
“I refine,” Head defends.
“You deny,” Heart weeps.

Heart goes quiet.

Head begins again.
“What you create doesn’t conform,” says Head.
“So what,” says Heart.

Both go still.
Then both shout, “You take me where I don’t want to go!”

Both go still again.
And then, both whisper, “I don’t know how to bring you”

“You stifle me,” says Heart.
“You expose me,” says Head.
“You could live a little,” says Heart
“You could give a little,” says Head.
“You’ve made me cold,” says Heart.
“You act too bold,” says Head.
“Never have a chance, you could learn something new,” Heart says.

Head thinks a bit.

“But I steer this ship,” says Head.
“We won’t stray off course” Heart assures.
“I can’t be sure,” says Head.
“You never are, sure is for me,” Heart grins.
“You might be right,” says Head.
Heart says, “Take a rest; I’ll call you if trouble brews.”
Head replies, “I am very tired - overworked, perhaps a little snooze.”
Heart beams a bit, “I’ll do you proud, just wait and see.”
“Yes,” sighs Head, “It’s always you who can find happy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment