Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You're Never Alone

Oh, you think you’re alone
on your lonely walk home
with snow covered streets
and grey skies so bleak.

Your key in the door
your body still sore
from working at what?
So bad you forgot.

To the kitchen for tea
you dwell on what was to be.
The kettle cries loud
but not you, you're too proud.

You flip through the mail
news of bills and some sales.
The radio's on
and you're struck by a song.

You fall to your knees
"Oh, God," you pray, "please
make the music stop right now,"
you don't want anymore frowns.

You wipe at your tears
hands trembling from yesterdays fears
and you feel so alone
in your little empty home.

There's a buzz in your ear
a presences so near.
It's a whisper and a promise
from me to you.

You're never alone
if you recite this poem
for fire that stays lit
will warm you.

Of me you're a part
you've captured my heart
and although we can't touch
and the pain can be much
if you keep me inside
right next to your pride
I will warm you on cold winter nights.

If you do your part
stay true to your heart
know the walls,
you can break right through.

I'm just a memory away
In your memory, you can hear me say
just how much I care
about you.

Wipe off the tears
so you can see clearly.
Be not afraid
I love you so dearly.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete