Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Good Night, My Dreams

Good night, my dreams
I must awake
From this halcyon haze.

Good night, my dreams
Before I forsake
The love that fills my days.

Will not extinguish the flame
For me it burns
Deep and eternal.

Can not make the heart go tame
It still yearns
But now must keep it internal.

Too walk away
I’ve no desire
Your power is so complete.

To try and stay
To stoke the fire
Is to court heartbreak that will repeat.

To shut the valve of inspiration
Close it down
Make running waters still;

A hardened choice
Made with sobs and frown
To force a heart to chill.

Good night, my dreams
I must progress
Apply all that you have taught me.

Good night my love
Under head’s duress,
Might have been - had you ever sought me.

Our worlds are different
A fact I love
But we never let them collide.

So many differences
Though we share the moon above.
Pangs…I must allow them to subside.

Alarms they sound to wake me up
But please -
To dream some more!

With love and respect,
I fall to my knees
And summon every ounce of happiness
for the one I so adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment