Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spirit

I cannot hear your voice.
I cannot see your eyes.
Can't hear the melody that you sing;
or breathless sighs.

I cannot see your face.
I cannot smell your scent.
Can't visualize your smile;
don't know where you went.

I cannot smell candles burning.
I cannot touch your hair.
Can't find the brand of perfume;
that I imagine you to wear.

I cannot touch your fingers.
I cannot taste your lips.
Can’t hold you in my hands;
Or feel a soft brushing kiss.

I cannot taste the teardrops.
I cannot believe.
Can't keep going on;
with a life force I can't see.

But words they unfold before me.
Some not understood.
There's a spirit that pulls me;
changes can't into could.

You confound all my senses.
You bring me to my knees.
Fill me with inspiration;
rise me up above redwood trees.

You are like a spirit,
though you say you're flesh and bone.
Still can't get my head around it,
only know you when I'm alone.

Spirit please come to me,
show me, the things I need to see.
Spirit please, hold me,
tell me stories of how it'll be.

Spirit please come to me,
fill my heart with all you've got.
Spirit, oh spirit,
time for a new start.

No comments:

Post a Comment