Saturday, March 21, 2009

We Go Together

I'm the clock on the wall.
You're the second hand.
I've got questions.
You understand.

I'm the streetlight.
You're the road.
I'm thinking frog.
You're saying toad.

I'm the riddle.
You're the clue.
I'm a stick of butter,
to your stick of glue.

We go together
like seagulls in the sand;
same planet;
one's alive;
the other's the land.

I'm the engine.
You're the spark.
I'm no day at the beach.
You're a walk in the park.

I'm the hot coffee.
You're the sugar and cream.
We mix together;
you're part of my dreams.

I don't know you well.
You know well enough.
You smooth out my sharp edges.
You're seriously tough.

We go together
like the moon and a tree;
strong trunk, droopy branches;
you're the light from above;
Illuminating me.

You're the horse’s legs.
I'm in the rear.
You really are too much;
And I love you so dear.

You're a work of beauty;
Have I told you so?
I laugh as I picture you making
angels in the snow.

You're the cap
that keeps my head warm;
the gloves, the scarf, the boots;
the coat pulled tight to ward off the storm.

We go together
like a mocha and flute;
fluttering music;
airy sounds, smooth flavor
bumped into and spilled all over my suit

You're a pair of skates
to my frozen pond.
You're the magician;
And I am your wand.

You're the present.
I'm just the bow.
You're the main event;
to my sideshow.

You're the glass
from which I view.
Darling, you're all of these things
and I'm so in love with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment