Friday, May 14, 2010

This Way to the Rubicon

What are these feelings?
Why are they here?
They're magical
and fill me with fear.

New again.
Renewed and then,
It's lovely to be wanted.
Hard for me not to flaunt it.

Deeper and deeper
these choices aren't wise.
Convincing myself our knot is tight.
Still, I loosen up the ties.

A heart that's abundant.
I've plenty to share.
It's not all for you,
that doesn't mean I don't care.

Fair's not always equal
and other excuses you make.
Can't deny the burning and yearning.
Won't predict how long this will take.

Could let it run it's course
like the blood racing through my veins.
Could end it in a flash
Sever everything but the pain.

Never asked for all this
but I guess, maybe I did.
Thought I'd have the best of both worlds
not have to chose which one to rid.

Fear of the rejection
the regrets and eyes that resent.
Fear of hurting so many people.
Temptation's not only a serpent.

And it's not fair to lose all the joy
the beaming faces,
imagined romantic places,
and the seduction that's been employed.

Answers should be easy,
but the questions make me queasy,
and I don't want to think anymore.
I just want to be with the one I adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment