Sunday, June 14, 2009

Misplaced Lucky Charm

Is that you
Standing there
I can’t see
Past the past

Is that you
Standing there
The one who said
We would last
Forever

Thrown away
All your trinkets
Teddy bears
And notes now false

Tossed aside
Dreams of tomorrows
Hide inside
All my sorrows

Said goodbye
To favorite places
Gone away
Familiar faces

Is that you
Standing there
Is that you
Without a care

Is that you
Standing there
Can’t believe
You would even dare

Come back to me
And my home
For these busy streets
Make me feel alone

Hold me now
Like before
Tell me how
You adore

To see me now
As once I was
To love again
Just because

You see me
Standing here
I look away
Although you’re near

Come back to me
My one true love
Come back and see
I’ve risen above

All the petty
And hate
And now you’re back
As if by fate

Is that you
Still standing there
Don’t you know me
And the love we shared

Oh, please excuse me
I meant you no harm
I mistook you
For my misplaced
Lucky charm

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Wonderful, Karl. Could be used for song lyrics. The last stanza hit me like a brick.

    ReplyDelete