Sunday, May 10, 2009

Certainty

I know there are some things I could be saying.
I know there are some things going on.
I know there's a cool wind blowing
And I know that maybe, I might be wrong.

I know that there's music playing.
I know you hear it in your heart.
I can feel the muses playing
even though we're so far apart.

And I can hear the waves come crashing
reaching up across the midnight shore
where two lovers are walking
across our footprints that were there before.

I know the candlelight flickers
against the window pane
I know that scent that fills the room;
vanilla musk or rain.

And I know I may just be dreaming;
a writer alone with pen.
And I know I ache for that distant coast
and a chance to be back again.

And I know that the warmth that you feel tonight
that it may not come from me.
But I also know, that I don't know much;
of that there is certainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment